Harrold Lower School is committed to creating the right educational environment for all pupils, which aims to allow each child to develop in the way and at a pace appropriate to their individual needs.
In our school, everyone has the right to
- Feel Safe
- Be treated with respect
- Have the right to learn
Aims of the School
- Encourage high expectations in a positive, learning environment
- Create a caring community which is enriched by the individual
- Provide a happy, stimulating learning environment
- Develop curious and lively minds and encourage the children to think for themselves
- Encourage the acquisition of knowledge, concepts and skills which the children will then be able to apply to a variety of situations
- Help the children understand the importance of perseverance, resilience and self-discipline
- Develop the children’s self-confidence so whatever their starting point they can reach their full potential
- Create an environment where everyone can work together for the good of the children and the school as a whole
- Create a welcoming, happy place where there is politeness, respect and tolerance for all
- Develop children’s social skills and their ability to work as a team
- Promote the importance of a healthy lifestyle by encouraging healthy eating and regular exercise
The school will achieve this as we:
- Provide a primary education of the highest quality for each child and to value their achievements.
- Treat every member of the school community with respect and understanding.
- Foster a love of learning so that children enjoy and achieve.
- Develop in each child positive values, a caring attitude and respect towards each member of our school community and the school’s environment.
- Provide regular opportunities for consultation between parents and teachers and to write an annual report of each child’s achievement.
- Promote good communication between home and school.