The purpose of the Home-School Agreement is to strengthen the partnership between parents/carers and school to maximise children’s learning and happiness. Harrold Lower School is committed to creating a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment, which allows them to develop both intellectually and socially at a pace appropriate to their individual needs.
We aim to encourage an enjoyment of life and develop a love of learning through the provision of an academic and social framework based on the understanding that everyone has a right to be respected; to feel safe and to learn. Through this, we believe a strong and positive home-school
partnership can be fostered, encouraging every child to feel valued, happy and successful.
‘Together’ we will:
Support any additional educational needs.
Encourage our children to keep to the school code of conduct.
Support the child’s learning to help them achieve their best.
Parents are expected to discuss the home-school agreement with their child.
- Encourage children to do their best at all times.
- Provide a balanced, interesting and relevant primary curriculum.
- Foster in each child a love of learning so that children enjoy and achieve
- Develop in each child positive values, a caring attitude and respect towards each member of our school community and the school’s environment
- Inform parents of their child’s progress through regular meetings and end of year reports and letters.
Day to day communication is facilitated through letters and notes to and from parents. The home school diary or reading record is used to comment on reading.
- Regularly inform parents about what the teachers aim to teach the children. Information about literacy and numeracy will be sent to parents as appropriate.
- Support my child’s learning by ensuring my child attends school regularly and on time; is properly equipped for all sessions; and is collected promptly at the end of the school day.
- Ensure that absence from school for medical reasons is reported by 10.30am on the first day and provide a written note/letter on my child’s return to school.
- Take family holidays during the school holidays
- Respect and support the school’s aims and policies.
- Support my child’s homework and other opportunities for home learning; to attend parents’ evenings and discussions about my child’s progress; and to show an active interest in my child’s education.
- Inform the school of any concerns that might affect my child’s learning or behaviour.
- Be caring and considerate towards others.
- Keep all agreed school and class rules.
- Do my very best in all areas of school life at all times
- Make every effort to produce classwork and homework to the best of my ability.
- Have respect for other people, their belongings and those of the school and surrounding environment.